The past 6 weeks have been a busy time. Liz and McKinley went to Texas to visit family and to decompress from our hectic time in Coeur D'Alene. They had such a fun time being with family and McKinley got to see and hangout with all of her cousins on the Cooper side of the family. She also got to celebrate her birthday and do lots of fun things. And I just worked a ton. I was promoted to Residential Manager and am over seeing 2 Apartments and 5 clients and about 12 to 15 staff. I did not really have any time to miss Liz and McKinley since in the 6 weeks, i really only had 2 days of free time with no phone calls, texts, office visits or going to apartments to take care of situations. I am really enjoying my job. Last week i decided that i need to spend some QUALITY time with Liz when she got back and i asked my brother and his wife if they would mind watching McKinley for a night so Liz and I could have some time together. I also surprised Liz with a little trip to Park City / Heber City for a night of relaxation.
I picked Liz and McKinley up on Tuesday afternoon and we drove to Syracuse to drop off McKinley at Steve and Mandy's house. We knew she would be in good hands. Then Liz and I left and headed to our hotel. We like to stay in Heber City since the hotel is nice and about 40 to 50 bucks cheaper than Park City. I got a nice room/suite and we really enjoyed all aspects of the room. We drove to Park City to go eat later in the night, and we could not find a place, so we just decided to stop at a placed called Squatters Bar and Grill, it was the best food Liz and I have honestly had in Utah. The desert of Peanut Butter Pie was amazing.
Then we went to the outlets and enjoyed the night. We went back to the Hotel and slept really well. Today we got up had breakfast and went to SLC and had a fun time at Hogle Zoo and walking around Temple Square. I am so excited to have Liz and McKinley home. I have missed them so much.
Hogle Zoo:
The Family of Elephants
Rhino
Sitting on a Rhino
Long Tongue
Family of Tigers
This Tiger was so mad that i was taking pictures. She just kept staring me down.
This Tiger was huge, Liz kept talking about its paws.
This Orangutan was cool.
Gorilla
This Ostrich came up to Liz doing a mating dance.
Deer in the SLC Cemetary
SLC Temple, reflecting Pool
Flowers outside the Church Office Building
Temple Square from top of Church Office Building
Some Moose, Liz saw as we were almost to Logan.
It is so great to be back together as a family. We hope you are doing well and are all safe and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment