A few days ago we went on a fast road trip to Rexburg, Idaho. I had to go for up for some job training and driving certification. I asked my boss if Liz and McKinley could come and he said sure. So I told Liz and we got ready for a fast overnight trip.
We left and started out on a nice 3 hour drive. McKinley was so excited to go on a trip. She was full of questions. We listened to music and enjoyed the scenery. We had not been to Rexburg for years so getting into the area was nice. We arrived a few hours before my Training class started so we went to lunch. It was nice. McKinley was asking everyone to come sit by us or if they wanted to try a bite of her food. She is such a people person.
After lunch we went to the Rexburg Temple and let McKinley out to run around. She had a fun time and kept pointing up at Moroni.
| Liz and McKinley |
After my class we went to the Hotel and had a great time, relaxing in the Pool, hot-tub. McKinley was so tired since she did not have a nap the whole day. So we decided to put her in her natural hotel accommodation of the Bathtub and she slept through the whole night. We figured out the bath-tub bedtime life saver on a road trip. We put 2 or 3 blankets down, and pillows and then do our normal bed time routine with her and then make sure she has some sort of fan for noise and she sleeps really well. People laugh, but it works. I am sure it would work for you.
So in the morning I had to leave to another training session and Liz and McKinley got up, ate before I left, and then went swimming and waited until I got back. I got back earlier then they thought because I had already had all of the training they were going to be doing, so I just had to do my road/driving evaluation.
So we left the hotel and headed to a little placed called Yellowstone Bear World. Its a cool little park that is full of all sorts of wildlife and lots of bears. Almost all of the animals are from zoos, abandoned or injured that can or will no longer be able to be left to fend for themselves.
McKinley was so excited. When we told her we were going to see Bears, she wanted to pet all of them. She kept telling us how all the animals were hers.
We got to Bear World and started to drive through the park. We saw albino/white elk, normal elk, deer, mountain goats, buffalo, a bald eagle, little bear cubs, grizzly bears, black bears, cinnamon colored bears, wolves, a big bull moose. We then went to the petting zoo, and the little kid amusement ride area and the gift shop, visitor center.
One of the funniest things Liz and I have seen happen to McKinley was the young buck like to lick hands, fingers and arms and McKinley was letting him lick her when he decided to inhale her whole arm and softly nibble her. She looked at us like Help and we just started to laugh and when I tried to get her arm out he would not let go. She only got upset when another little boy near by started to cry because he was scared for McKinley. The little deer also got a hold of Liz's shirt and put a hole in it.
| This is right before the Deer engulfed McKinley's Arm. Hilarious |
We loved this place and this little fast work trip / vacation.
We hope you are well. We would love to hear from you.
1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun! McKinley is adorable!
Post a Comment