I have never really thought much about Fathers Day. It seems there is more happiness and excitement when it comes to Mothers Day and that is a good thing, but one thing i have realized over the years is just how much my father and father in law mean to me. I know i am not the easiest son/son-in law to get along with. I am hard headed and not very tactful, and say things that would be better left unsaid, and i am working on that, but i have taken a lot of the qualities that i see in both father figures in my life and have tried to become a better man because of what i have seen and been shown.
I have also watched the other men in the families to see what they do to be good fathers and husbands, i have a lot of great examples to look up to and i hope that i am an example in someways to others as they are to me.
Fathers Day Poem:
My father was a stern, strong man,
Full of power and pride,
My youth was spent in rebellion,
His knowledge tossed aside.
He was not a man of soft kind words,
Great moments of affection,
But he was always there, watching out,
His love was his protection.
My youthful eyes could not see,
The man that I view now,
So full of care and loving wisdom,
Which I did disavow.
Though seldom spoken,the words are there,
In the action he does take,
Those moments he loves and forgives,
Even my worst mistake.
The time he takes to show concern,
When my path may stray,
Or the awkward words which still are spoken,
When we're in dismay.
I'd never trade a single moment,
Not one, end to start,
He is my dad, I am his son,
Always in his heart.
Happy Fathers Day to:
Myself, Jordan, Stevo, Stephen, and Chris
Kim, Steve, Cory, and Gregg



No comments:
Post a Comment